Hello! Welcome to MN DI –
Minnesota Destination Imagination!
We are excited to welcome all learners, from any community to join the MN DI experience, and are excited to see teams in 2021-2022! Check our site frequently for information as the season progresses. Don’t be shy about contacting any of us with questions about your team or your Challenge.
Due to the continued presence of COVID and the Delta variant, we will not be offering in-person regional tournaments. As MN teams are formed, we may offer virtual Saturday Regional Check Ins; dates for those potential events are on our Calendar and Regions pages.
We will be posting a calendar full of interactive virtual workshops, trainings and communications that will keep the fun going throughout the season at the beginning of September. Dates will be added throughout the season.
The MN DI Affiliate Tournament is scheduled on April 2, 2022, currently planned to be in person at Jackson Middle School in Champlin. We are working on ways for everyone to participate, even virtually.
The MN DI team is eager to share the new season!
Pamela, MN DI Affiliate Director
Our website is being redesigned, so watch this space for a new look, coming soon! New information will be posted too! Please contact Affiliate Director Pamela Schroeder with any questions: email@example.com, 763-550-7212.
What’s new for 2021-22?
- Team Challenges will be released on September 1. You can purchase Team Numbers here. Your Team Number purchase includes access to all seven DI Challenges, all the team and tournament supporting materials for the season, and one Team Manager background check.
- Team Manager background checks have been streamlined.
- The DI Resources Area has been redesigned and is easier to navigate.
- MN DI will be offering one Affiliate Tournament on April 2, 2o22. As the school year gets started in many different ways this year, we want to be sure there is plenty of time to get acclimated, then form DI teams, and have your teams meet in the best and safest way possible.
- New interactive trainings and communications are coming your way.
- A new Digital Open experience will be released on October 1. This is for teams unable to meet in person, or that want to try a shorter DI Challenge experience.
Safety remains our primary concern. We will be incorporating some creative virtual training opportunities, and introducing some innovative interactive experiences during 21-22, and are making plans to accommodate whatever comes our way. There are so many ways kids can extend learning beyond the classroom, while they exercise their curiosity, creativity, confidence, and build skills with our DI Challenges.
More details about the season will be posted soon. The calendar is evolving daily, so check our site often for the latest details.
More details about the Destination Imagination are at www.destinationimagination.org.
Want to learn more?
DI is offering free info sessions online for superintendents, educators, school principals and administrators, after-school providers, and parents who would like to learn more about Destination Imagination and starting a team.