Sign up to be a MN DI Tournament Appraiser here! See details of our Appraiser/Volunteer Training on February 2 below, and in the Trainings and Workshops tab under 2018-2019 Season.
Destination Imagination (DI) is a volunteer-run organization, so we depend heavily on the efforts and energy of our 38,000 volunteers annually around the world.
MN DI is seeking new volunteers to help equip students with the skills needed to fuel the economies of tomorrow. We are seeking support from individuals with interests in web design, marketing, fundraising, recruiting, training, social media, event coordination and more to work with students across the state. We are enormously grateful to all of our MN DI volunteers!
There are a variety of options for volunteering, with varying degrees of time commitments. Some of our key roles are:
- Team Manager: In this role, you can mentor a DI team. You’ll guide them on their creative journey as they make and build friendships, come together as a team, and work on solving Challenges throughout the season.
- Appraiser: Spend a day immersed in the celebration of teams as you provide feedback and encouragement for their creativity and innovative Challenge solutions. Join us for one or all of our Saturday DI tournaments around the state. You can choose a Team Challenge that interests you, or appraise Instant Challenges. Training is provided to all appraisers by our MN DI Challenge Masters on Feb 3, 2018. Once you register (see form above), you will receive details of our training day. See Team Challenge previews here.
- Tournament Volunteer: As an official Tournament Volunteer you can play a part in bringing a DI tournament to life. Your role might be to appraise teams, to help in the score room or to usher teams to their sites.
- Regional Director: Dedicated volunteers who coordinate Destination Imagination activities for a specific geographic area. Our Regional Directors market the program in our MN DI regions, arrange regional events and tournaments, and make up our MN DI Executive Board, setting policies for the MN DI program.
- MN DI Advisory Board: Our MN DI brain trust, these excellent volunteers are team managers, officials, community members and students who act as event trainers, strategic partners, fund- and friend-raisers, and ambassadors to extend the MN DI brand in communities. Annual commitment.
These are just a few of the roles available. If you’re interested in being a part of the Destination Imagination program, please contact us.
Volunteer Appraiser Training
Our state-wide Appraiser Training will be on Saturday, February 2, 2019 at the ISD 287 District Service Center, 1820 Xenium Lane North in Plymouth. New appraisers will have a quick orientation beginning at 11:15; all appraisers will be in Challenge-specific groups from 12:00-3:00 pm. If you are interested in appraising at our tournaments, please see the interactive registration form above!
11:00-11:15 Registration for New Team Challenge Appraisers
11:15-12:00 Intro to DI for New Team Challenge Appraisers
11:45-12:00 Registration for Returning Team Challenge Appraisers
12:00-12:30 General Session for all Team Challenge Appraisers
1:00-3:00 Sessions with Affiliate Challenge Masters by Challenge, for all Team Challenge Appraisers
Additional training for volunteers is available at DI University online at www.diuniversity.org.